“Listening to our customers is what allows us to deliver applications that are constantly evolving to meet the needs they have today – and what they will need in the future.”
Sam is responsible for all strategic and operational aspects of technology for FCT, including architecture, application development, information security, infrastructure, business intelligence and technical services.
Sam, along with his team, ensures that the platform and applications trusted by our customers and employees are secure, available and constantly evolving to deliver the innovative solutions for which FCT is known.
His diverse business experience spans financial services, insurance and government sectors, as well as a solid technical background. Before joining FCT in 2006, Sam worked as an Enterprise Architect at the Insurance Bureau of Canada.
He enjoys volunteering in the community and has been actively involved in Canadian Cancer Society’s Relay for Life for many years, as well as Icewave Volleyball Tournament in support of Sick Kids Foundation.
Education, Memberships & Awards:
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science
- Professional Engineer of Ontario (P.Eng)
- Member of the Open Group Certification Authority
- FCT Award of Excellence in 2007
- Financial Services Excellence Award from First American Title in both 2009 and 2010
- “Distinguished Certified IT— Chief Architect” – Open Group 2010
- The ITIL Foundation Certificates (2006 & 2011)