How will FCT facilitate document execution with EasyFund™
Dear EasyFund user,
During this unprecedented time, we have all needed to quickly adapt and respond to the shifting needs of our customers while focusing on the health and safety of employees. The need for EasyFund has increased dramatically over the last few weeks, as it enables lawyers to close transactions despite social distancing requirements.
Like you, FCT is facing the same industry challenges with payees’ receiving offices being closed, banks updating procedures due to branch closures, changes in payees’ processing time and courier delays.
To help us expedite the process and eliminate unnecessary delays, kindly keep the following in mind:
EasyFund Dos and Don’ts
- Ensure real estate and brokerage offices are open to receive payment.
- Upload required payout statements.
- Ensure the accuracy of data.
- Do not wire funds to lenders through EasyFund, please continue to select ‘cheque’. Wire transfers are automated and do not include sufficient information for recipient to post funds to the customer’s account.
- We recommend using EFT for remitting sale proceeds to your client. There have been delays in courier and wire delivery however EFT delivery remains consistent.
We are actively working with lenders to ensure we have the most up to date information to improve our ability to make payments.
Please send escalations or questions to EasyFund@fct.ca. We understand the need to escalate concerns on active deals and have added resources to our team to provide the most responsive service possible to meet your needs and ensure deals are completed on time.
Thank you for your patience and support.
The EasyFund Team
We’re here to help
FCT is offering webinar training sessions for existing users to answer questions and help you better navigate the platform:
The Conveyancer and EasyFund
LLC Portal and EasyFund
The last day of the EasyFund promotion is April 21, 2020. Starting April 22, 2020, regular pricing will resume:
- $30 for three payouts.
- $5 for each payout thereafter.
- $5 additional wire fee applies when “wire” is selected as payment method under “other”.
Go back: Covid-19 FAQ