Commercial Title Insurance
Commercial title insurance protects both lenders and property owners from errors, omissions or defects in the title of a property, as well as title-related fraud or forgery.
It eliminates the need for costly searches while satisfying the requirements of property owners and your lending needs. FCT enables your transactions to close on time by insuring over unknown and known defects or potential issues, such as*:
- Mortgage priority
- Invalidity or unenforceability of the insured mortgage on title
- Real estate title fraud and forgery
- Lack of permits
- Unmarketability of title
- Problems that arise during the registration “gap”
- Defects that would have been revealed by an up-to-date survey, Real Property Report or Building Location Certificate
- Future encroachments from adjoining lands, etc.
* This list consists of examples only. For a complete breakdown of coverage, conditions and exclusions, please refer to the policy.
To learn more about commercial title insurance for lenders, call FCT 1.800.307.0370.