COMPASSpoint 2015: The annual FCT EXPERT/ease mortgage market review
Mar 15th, 2016 | By FCT
Offering brokers direction for the year ahead
Well, it’s that time of year again: time for everyone to take stock of 2015’s news, trends and learnings in an attempt to glean a few pearls of wisdom in preparation for the year ahead.
To help brokers make sense of the main happenings in the real estate world last year, we’ve put together our annual FCT EXPERT/ease mortgage market review in the COMPASSpoint 2015 report, now available in PDF form for easy reference. Essentially we delve through and consolidate the year’s news so you don’t have to.
With COMPASSpoint, we want to help you take an informed, hard look at what actually makes the market and drives its behaviours: how we form relationships of trust and value—and how those relationships create shared opportunities. In this edition you’ll find an examination of the five combinations that are being hailed as the key drivers of innovation in the Canadian mortgage marketplace for 2016, including:
- Possible regulatory changes under the new government in Ottawa;
- Digital transformations targeting the industry;
- Macroeconomics of capital flows and interest rate influencers;
- Hot and cold spots in the Canadian market and reasoning behind the fluctuation;
- Demographic and cultural triggers affecting not only rates, but consumer aspirations and financial capacities.
We hope you find COMPASSpoint informative as you plan for the spring season. If you have any insights about the mortgage market in 2015, feel free to share by commenting below.